I Have Something To Say

Okay Okay Okay . ... Pharrell Williams has got to be one of the greatest music producers or as I like to call him "one of the greatest beat masters on the planet", but the comments I read about his recent shoot with Chanel makes me ill.  (Copied from Facebook page: www.facebook.com/sharanfnixon).

When the image popped up on my Facebook feed, I had to stop what I was doing and click the link.  Here are the images from the shoot for those who may not have seen it yet (Courtesy of Power 105.1 and Chanel).  You would think the comments would be positive being the type of person Mr. Williams is and what he is known for, but it was unfortunate some felt completely the opposite.  Some people referenced the Chanel shot as "Gay" or "Homo".  I just don't get it.  Why is a man considered "Gay" or "Homo" because he does not wear his jeans below his bee-hind?  Or is it that others want to categorize him as "Gay" or "Homo" because they do not recognize or understand STYLE?  You do know there is a difference . . . right? 

DEFINITIONS for those who may be confused as defined by Merriam-Webster. You remember her right?
  • STYLE:  a particular way in which something is done, created, or performed.
  • FASHION: the business of creating and selling clothes in new styles
Here is a question if Jay-Z wore the same outfit, what would be said then?  Exactly, nothing.

I am so sick and tired of others criticizing others because the other personal vision of STYLE and/or FASHION that may not meet the desires of the viewers.

I do not profess to be any type of fashion guru, but I do know great style when I see it and the entire shoot exudes 4 things: GREAT STYLE - GREAT SELECTION OF MODELS - EXCEPTIONAL SET DESIGN & GREAT PHOTOGRAPHY.





Personally, I love the imagery and say kudos to Chanel and congratulations to Pharrell Williams for being the poster person for that marketing campaign. Oh by the way "Hudson" (the little gentleman) must have received a pretty penny for this shoot as well . . . NICE JOB!!!


It is clear to see Pharrell Williams is one of Karl Lagerfields favorite model subjects, so who are we to judge?  Take a look at the 2014, "Reincarnation" marketing campaign.


My name is Sharan Nixon that's my opinion and I approve this post.

Until next time Lovelies . . . XOXO 

Comments