Is a "socially infused" movement for you?

Hello there *waving at the monitor* it's me again.  I know I am back sooner than expected but I have something to get off my chest that has been sitting there for a while and it is becoming very awkward and heavy.

A few days ago a post was made on Facebook and I along with one of my events were called out personally to be a part of a movement.  Here is my issue.  The movement is about positivity and unity, but when you are surrounded by people who could care less about you and what you do all because you are no a part of any click, you stand up for what you believe is right, and you do not just agree because they hold a position, you tell me how does one handle such an invitation?

Now, I do not mean to sound like a Debbie Downer arriving from Doubtsville, but what the hamm sammich?  How do you respond to an invitation like that when you know for a fact that a few of the people listed won't even speak to you when you open your mouth to speak first, just to be cordial at a public event.  When they are spoken to they just keep on walking as if nothing was ever said.  Really.  Those types of actions cause you to utter, "please have several seats and I do mean several." The several seats are words gracefully and frequently spoken from my girl Maria Styles, a true beast when it comes to putting a look together.  Hunnnneeeeeeeeeee, that's an entirely different blog.

Now however, I could be urban (ghetto) and become very belligerent and call the individual(s) out, but should he or she read this post I think they will clearly know who he/she is.  This just does not make sense to me.  You say you want to be a part of a POSITIVE MOVEMENT, but behind the scenes you are as nasty as a snake being skinned without any type of anesthesia. I know . .. I know snakes don't get anesthesia they just get skinned . . . see my point exactly - or is it *rolls eyes up in head with confused look on face*.

I said all that to say that I am down for the movement, but some of the players should really revisit the meaning POSITIVITY and UNITY. Allow me to help.

Definition Positivity: the state or character of being positive : a positivity that accepts the world as it is something positive.

Definition Unity: the state of being one; oneness; a whole or totality as combining all its parts into one; the state or fact of being united or combined into one, as of the parts of a whole; unification; .
absence of diversity; unvaried or uniform character; and oneness of mind, feeling, etc., as among a number of persons; concord, harmony, or agreement.

IJS

This is your gurl Sharan Nixo and I am OUT!!!

Peace

Comments